Monday 15 October 2012

Marvel Monday: Hall Of Armors Movie Edition

Been a while, hm? Having a full-time job, then losing said job and going on a Mass Effect binge will do that, I s'pose. Oops. The upside is I've managed to get ahold of some more-than-blogworthy stuff. Like two of my guests today.

From left: Mark VI, Claymore (custom), War Machine, Mark VII, Inferno Mission Armor, Hypervelocity Armor 
The four at the back I've had for a couple years now, and the eagle-eyed among you will remember them from my "Meet The Crew" post. The mostly-black guy is a custom armor I had painted by the awesomely talented blogmistress at Life Of A Hellenic Pagan (check out her other blog too), which I'll probably spotlight in a future post. Both he and the Mark VII are from the Hasbro's "Avengers" line.

I feel like the Iron Man toys from "Avengers" were rushed out. There's a few features the Iron Man 2 armors have that the newer one don't. For starters, poseability. Three of my four IM2 figures have at least limited chest movement, and all four have rotating wrists/hands. Not so Avengers suits, as you'll see below. Also, a glaring oversight in my opinion: NO STANDS. The IM2 figures came with plastic gray stands to display your shiny badassery. Again, not so Avengers suits.

Despite their lack of poseability, I don't actually hate the Avengers series of Iron Man suits. The detailing is top-notch (it's HASBRO, fer Doom's sake), and the paint is (mostly) pretty good (note the lack of blue on the Mark VII chestpiece). And despite the lack of wrist movement, they can make some half-decent "blasting" poses.

"Make a move, Reindeer Games."

So there you have it. There's another custom paintjob on the way (ETA depends on when either I or my painter can get ahold of another Mark VI-based armor), but until then, ciao.

And now for something completely different...


1 comment:

  1. yay , awesome blog as usual and thanks for the mention :) i shall give you a mention in my next blog

    ReplyDelete